Richard Pettinger is a Principal teaching fellow (reader) in management education and Director of BSc/MSci Information Management for Business at UCL
Richard’s research interests include:
– privatisation and restructuring of public services;
– the professionalisation of management and the movement towards an agreed body of knowledge and expertise for what management is;
– developing general management development programmes and activities;
– developing decision making effectiveness by understanding the influences of human rather than ‘rational’ elements;
– developing an understanding of what ‘the business of business’ is and what it ought to be.