This year’s Ada Lovelace Day Live!, the annual ‘science cabaret’ in celebration of women in STEM, will be held at The IET on the evening of 11 October. Playing host to the UK’s most fabulous women in STEM, ALD Live is an entertaining evening of geekery, comedy and music suitable for everyone over the age of 12. Tickets are on sale now from Eventbrite or you can buy below.
We really hope you can join us – our amazing speakers this year are:
– Yewande Akinola, design engineer focused on sustainable water supply systems and the engineering design coordination of large projects in the built environment.
– Dr Sheila Kanani, planetary physicist, science presenter, secondary school physics teacher and space comedienne with a background in astrophysics and astronomy.
– Dr Kat Arney, science writer and broadcaster whose work has featured in the New Scientist, Wired, the Guardian, the Times Educational Supplement, BBC Radio 4, the Naked Scientists and more.
– Jenny Duckett, developer with the Government Digital Service.
– Dr Sara Santos, mathematician, director and founder of Maths Busking.
– Dr Bissan Al-Lazikani, computational biologist working on drug discovery for Cancer Research UK.
– Dr Anna Jones, deputy science leader for the British Antarctic Survey’s Atmosphere, Ice and Climate Team.
And our compère this year is the award-winning comedy writer and performer, Helen Keen.
As proud sponsors of Ada Lovelace Day 2016, UCL Engineering has been allocated a limited number of guest tickets for the event. If you would like to attend as a guest of the Faculty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th September.