Maximise your chances of landing an attractive job or academic position after your degree or securing and internship or placement during your studies, by getting involved early on in UCL’s career services available to you.
UCL Engineering employs two dedicated members of staff to help you with this. They organise careers events, build relationships with employers, and offer CV and interview advice specifically tailored for students in Engineering.
Each department also has a designated Careers Liaison Tutor who will be looking out for discipline-specific opportunities for their students. When you enrol, register with the Engineering Careers and Events page on Moodle to see all opportunities as they come up.
There are a range of services especially for you:
- Listings of engineering jobs, internships, placement and work experience
- A booking system for career consultation appointments and workshops
- Source of career information, blogs and current news
- 15 minute query appointments with your careers consultant (Moodle online booking)
- Longer sessions for mock interviews (45 minutes)
UCL Engineering has a new jobs and opportunities service called UCL Talent Bank.
We actively source internships and other employment opportunities for Engineering students and present CVs to employers.
We have dedicated staff looking for opportunities relevant for you. To ensure that you are automatically considered for these roles, complete your registration, includingthe UCL department you are studying at here:
- Timetabled career workshops – tailored for your course and year
- Skills identification and options
- CV, cover letters and applications
- Career planning and pathways
- Interviews and Assessment centres
- Evening career workshops – Will be advertised on Moodle, mostly in the spring term
A tailored events programme for UCL Engineering enables us to ensure that you are able to gain face to face interaction with a variety of organisations suited to your skills and qualifications:
- Opportunities to meet employers face-to-face and find out more about sectors, organisations and graduate programmes (details will be advertised on Moodle).
- A wide range of employability skills, sector insight, and practical events ran by employers, designed to increase your chances of finding your dream role:
- Panel forums and networking sessions
- Mock interviews
- Skill sessions/ Technical sessions
- Live applications workshops
- Mock assessment centres
- CV factories
- Psychometric testing insight sessions
Employers who have participated in our Engineering careers events programme previously include:
IBM, Thales, Atkins, Jaguar Land Rover, Arup, Deutsche Bank, Transport for London, Cisco, EADS Astrium and many more..
To see full details of the events calendar for UCL Engineering careers events, please go to the event calendar on the Engineering careers and events moodle page.
Information on all the different career pathways available to you after your degree, can be found on your department’s career page.
For more detailed experiences from UCL Engineering graduates, how they have used their degree in industry, and how they are appreciated by their employers, visit the UCL Engineering employer site.
In addition to the above UCL Engineering career services you also have access to the Central UCL careers service:
Information on the full range of events, fairs, and services that you can access as a UCL student is available in our annual program on the UCL careers website.
Other programmes include Education for Global Citizenship, Key Skills, and the Skills4Work programme.